Toll Road Express Transit Insurance
Transdirect Pty Ltd Loss or Damage Insurance cover is available to all customers to ensure that in the unforeseen circumstance that an item is damaged or lost in transit, Transdirect can reimburse you for the repair or replacement value of the item effected. The insurance cover is subject to the conditions summarised below which is in addition to the full terms and conditions as can be referred to in QBE CourierSure Goods in Transit Product Disclosure Statement and Marine Insurance Policy QM3248-1012.
There is NO added cost for this insurance offering.
This insurance cover is available on a wide range of items carried by Transdirect. Unfortunately however, it is not available for the following types of goods:
- Currency of all descriptions
- Bloodstock, animals, exotic birds and pets
- Motor vehicles Including motor bikes/trikes/quad bikes & other
- road/off road vehicles
- Commercial bulk dangerous goods
- Items with existing damage or in poor condition
- Personal effects Including clothing
- Furniture (indoors/outdoors) including but not limited to tables, chairs, lounge suits, mattresses, flat pack furniture, antiques, picture & photo frames, prints, paintings and other works of art
- Live plants and trees
- Second hand goods with existing damage or in poor condition;
- Refrigerated goods, frozen or chilled meat, seafood or foodstuffs
- Glass objects and items containing glass
- China, crockery, marble, quartz, Caesar stone and other stone or imitation stone products, pottery, ceramic, porcelain, bathroom vanity units and toilet suites
- Household goods removals
- Precious metals and stones, money, bullion, cheques, credit or other card sales vouchers, securities, shares, bonds, deeds, bills of exchange or any document that represents money
- Waterborne vessels, jet skis, boats or similar (whether trailed or not).
For the Transit insurance cover to apply, all goods must be packed at or above the standard set by original manufacturers for this type of transit. Any damage or loss caused by insufficient packaging will not be covered.
If a consignment is received damaged, but damage is not apparent at the time of delivery, then the client has strictly 7 business days to report such damage, and it will be deemed to have occurred during the period of transit. Absolutely no consideration whatsoever will be given to damaged items where damage is notified and or discovered 7 business days after delivery.
Claims for lost or missing goods: The client has 7 business days to report the goods have been lost or missing from the anticipated time of arrival. Absolutely no consideration whatsoever will be given to missing items where loss is not notified within 7 Business days from the anticipated time of arrival.
Incidents must be submitted via email to email@example.com to meet the above timeframes.
Each and every claim paid through this insurance will have an AUD$100 Excess applicable,each and every claim.
Liability is limited to a maximum of AUD$1,500.00 per consignment.
Incident Investigation and Conclusion
Once an incident is notified, Transdirect will conduct a full investigation of the circumstances presented to us.
An incident is defined as a “single event which gives rise to a claim which may or may not involve more than one consignment.”
If we pay damages under this clause for the replacement of the Goods we may retain or recover the damaged Goods.
We will only pay damages under this clause for lost goods or direct loss or damage to the goods. We will not pay any indirect or consequential loss or increased cost of work or materials or damage including loss of profits, business or anticipated savings or any other economic loss even if we know they are possible or otherwise foreseeable.
GST will not be included in any payments made by us to you.
Standard Terms and Conditions
Pleases refer to CourierSure Goods in Transit Product Disclosure Statement and Marine Insurance Policy QM3248-1012 policy for full terms & Conditions.
Financial Service Guide
The Transdirect “Transit Insurance cover” is offered in line with Transdirect standard terms and conditions of contract, which may be viewed on the Transdirect website.
ADDITIONAL COVER FOR EXCLUDED ITEMS
If you are needing to freight items that are excluded by this policy. We suggest you contact Australian Risk Applications Pty Ltd on 02 9007 2491 to arrange separate third party protection for your goods whilst in transit.